Thursday 6 October 2011

Let it Snow - LOTV Challenge #115


Hello again everyone.........hope  you are all well and managing to avoid the dreaded cold virus I had over the last few days ......... feeling much better than I was but whenever I have a cold it goes straight to my sinuses... so painful, usually it only clears up with a course of antibiotics..... I want to try and do without them if I possibly can this time... we shall see....and so far OH is clear of it!!  Well its blowing a gale here today, we have had wind, rain and sunshine and its freezing!  This time last week we were basking in lovely warm sunshine, bizzare british weather!

Onto my card today ....... thought I would try something different using the Martha Stewart Doily punch .... I quite like the effect.

  Image is Lili of the Valley Milly Winter Window coloured with Promarkers.... with lots of glitter added.

Paper is from my bits box from last Christmas so dont know the make ... sorry.... it could be Bo Bunny... but not sure!

Snowflake is Marianne and the brad is a pink moonstone from Wild Orchid Crafts.

The ticket sentiment is part of a Christmas set from Whimsy Stamps

I am entering this card for the the new challenge at Lili of the Valley this week which is Let it Snow.

Today is my birthday...... not telling you how old I am today..... but put it this way...... I now dread the birthdays..... time is whizzing by far too fast!!  I am being thoroughly spoilt though and the family are meeting us for tea at a local hostelry..... so looking forward to that.

Enjoy the rest of your day and hopefully catch up again very soon!

Hugs,
XXX

9 comments:

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Barbara van harte gefeliciteerd emet je verjaardag en ik wens je nog een heel fijne avond toe.
Je Kerstkaart is prachtig. De punch kleedjes doen het erg mooi.
groetjes Marja

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Barbara, I did the previous comment automatically in Dutch. Sorry.
But congratulations with your birthday and a very nice evening.
Your Christmas card is beautiful and the use of skeleton leaves Super.
\Lovely greet Marja

tilly said...

Wishing you a very happy birthday and enjoy your meal with the family.... I love that MS punch, always one I get out lol, and Milly looks fab
Tilly

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Barbara; love how you've used the punch.The whole design is just gorgeous! Hope you manage to shake off the cold without antibiotics. x

Claire said...

Such a cute card Barbara, love the image and soft papers and the punchwork detail is just fab. Hugs, Claire x

Elf Designs said...

Happy birthday Barbara! Hope your cold continues to improve, mine go straight to my sinuses as well so know how unwell you must feel. Gorgeous card xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara, what a gorgeous card and after our very confusing hot spell, has put us right back in Autumn and Winter mode! Just adore the punch you have used and the image and colouring is beautiful.
Love,
Rachel and Angela.
xx

melsanford said...

Happy birthday!!!! hope you had a lovely day :-) your card is gorgeous - I love the image :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Bev said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at LOTV this week x